High growth and development of the power sector in India is stimulating the demand for transformers. The initiatives undertaken by the Government of India is providing ample opportunities to the players in the industry to grow. The report begins with an introduction to the transformers market with an overview of the structure of the transmission segment. The market overview section discusses the size of the market and its potential growth. The section also contains data indicating the value chain of the transmission sector. It also discusses the type of transformers available in the market. An analysis of the drivers explain the factors for growth of the industry including growth in power sector, need to replace old transformers, increasing housing projects and market potential for 765 kV transformer. The key challenges include non-availability of CRGO and absence of adequate testing facilities. The competition section provides an overview of the competitive landscape in the industry along with a product portfolio matrix. The section contains profiles of the players which provide an insight into their financial performance, business highlights and future plans.
Table of Contents
Page 1: Executive summary Introduction Page 2: Transmission Structure - Power Distribution and Transmission (Market Share) Market Overview Page 3: Transformers Market - Overview, Market Size & Growth (2010 -15e), Break-up of Organized and Unorganized Players, Market Segmentation Page 4: Value Chain Page 5: Types of Transformers in India Drivers & Challenges Page 6: Summary Page 7-13: Drivers Page 14-15: Challenges Competition Page 16: Competition - Product Portfolio Matrix Page 17-33: Major Players in the Market
This research report involves complete picture of the market with the help of in-depth secondary and primary research. This research report studies several aspects of the market and analyze vital industry influencers. Extensive secondary research has been conducted using paid as well as open access data sources in order to gather information on the market and parent market. These key findings are then analyzed and validated with the help of in-house data models and primary discussions with key industry participants and experts across the value chain
Research Tools and Models
- Top-Down Approach and Bottom-Up Approach
- QFD Modeling for Market Size and Share Calculation
- Regression, Variable and Impact Analysis
- Penetration Modeling
- It comprises briefing about market dynamics and business opportunities and strategies.
- Finally, all the research findings are validated through interviews with in-house industry experts, freelance consultants and key opinion leaders etc.
It involves various mathematical tools, models, projection, and sampling techniques. It involves following steps:
- Identification of market variables and market size derivation
- Assessment of future prospects, opportunities and market penetration rates by analyzing product commercialization, regional trends etc.
- Evaluation historical market trends and derivation of present and future year-on-year growth trends