The luxury car market is expected to witness strong growth with rising number of foreign players planning expansions in the market. Growing number of young entrepreneurs in India inclined to drive luxury cars is brining about healthy demand for such cars. The report provides a brief overview of the automotive market in India, the production of passenger vehicles over years and the segmented share of the automobile market. It then elaborates on the Indian luxury car market, market size in units, luxury cars sale as a percentage of the total sales of cars and the various luxury car segments. An analysis of drivers reveals that growth in high income households, luxury car manufacturers entering pre-owned/used car market, increasing investments in automotive sector and preferred choice of the young and affluent are helping the market grow. The key challenges identified are the affordability of luxury cars and that it pollutes the environment. The report discusses the current market trends as increase in the number of distributors across India, global companies eyeing India as manufacturing base and players diversifying offerings. The report provides the profile and expansion plans of the players in the market. The report mentions the key developments in the sector.
Table of Contents
Page 1: Executive Summary Market Overview Page 2: Indian Automotive Market Overview - Production Figures (2006-10e), Segmented Share of Automobiles (2009-10) Page 3: Market Overview - Market Size and Growth (2006-15e), Luxury Cars: Share of Total Cars Sold (2009), Luxury Car Segments and Price Bracket Drivers & Challenges Page 4: Summary Page 5-8: Drivers Page 9-10: Challenges Trends Page 11: Summary Page 12-14: Trends Competition Page 15: Competition Overview: Market Share of Players (Jan-Aug 2010) Page 16-27: Players in the Market Key Developments Page 28: Key Developments
This research report involves complete picture of the market with the help of in-depth secondary and primary research. This research report studies several aspects of the market and analyze vital industry influencers. Extensive secondary research has been conducted using paid as well as open access data sources in order to gather information on the market and parent market. These key findings are then analyzed and validated with the help of in-house data models and primary discussions with key industry participants and experts across the value chain
Research Tools and Models
- Top-Down Approach and Bottom-Up Approach
- QFD Modeling for Market Size and Share Calculation
- Regression, Variable and Impact Analysis
- Penetration Modeling
- It comprises briefing about market dynamics and business opportunities and strategies.
- Finally, all the research findings are validated through interviews with in-house industry experts, freelance consultants and key opinion leaders etc.
It involves various mathematical tools, models, projection, and sampling techniques. It involves following steps:
- Identification of market variables and market size derivation
- Assessment of future prospects, opportunities and market penetration rates by analyzing product commercialization, regional trends etc.
- Evaluation historical market trends and derivation of present and future year-on-year growth trends