After proving its mettle in the cryptocurrency world, Blockchain (BC), a distributed open ledger technology, has started disrupting other industries such as healthcare, automotive, BFSI, transportation, etc. In the agri-food industry, where the supply chain is a vital part of the industry, BC-based solutions facilitate trust and acceptability. The outbreak of food-borne illnesses, food frauds and mishandling of produce, has only added to the need for developing track and trace solutions, available with a BC-enabled solution. Over the years, BC technology has grown and has had a positive influence on the agri-food industry. This trend can only be expected to strengthen over time. BC solutions for the agri-food industry range from managing food wastes to cost reduction. It has also addressed solutions for crop insurance, fair-trade practices, and established a direct contact between consumers and producers. This report includes a comprehensive analysis of the adoption of BC technology in the agri-food industry, and highlights the major trends and opportunities across the ecosystem. Blockchain Impact and Adoption Trend Analysis This section of the report identifies the segments of the agri-food industry from the perspective of BC technology. This includes a summary of the structure and ecosystem, foundational elements, types of BC and their uses, and a detailed analysis of the impact of this technology on the agri-food industry as a whole. The section also provides a detailed analysis of the various use cases and applications of BC in agri-food, its benefits, implementation challenges, and the expected timeline for its adoption in agri-food. Moreover, it highlights the future business models and opportunities that are anticipated to arise from the adoption of BC. Competitive Analysis This section lists the top startups and technology companies that are making their mark in the industry. Some of the top companies that are focused on agri-food services through BC-enabled agri-food solutions track and trace, commodity trading and marketplace, asset management, insurance management, etc. have been profiled in detail. The section also addresses and provides answers to questions pertaining to product offerings and technologies, key developments, funding activities, and an outlook that will define the future of BC in the agri-food industry. Some of the top technology companies included and profiled in the report are IBM, SAP, Microsoft, Accenture, and AWS. Some of the startups profiled include AgriDigital, WorldCover, Foodlogiq, Indigo Agriculture, and Provenance.
Table of Contents
1. Agri-Food Industry An Overview 1.1. Food & Agriculture - Global Growth 1.2. Agri-Food Industry - Agri-Food Segment Analysis 1.3. Agri-Food Industry - Value Chain Analysis 2. Introduction 2.1. Blockchain (BC) and how it works 2.1.1. Agri-Food Industry - Adoption 2.1.2. Agri-Food Industry - Impact 3. BC Impact 3.1. Stimulating the Agri-Food Industry - Building the 'Blocks' with BC 3.2. How BC will Transform the Agri-Food Industry? 4. BC-Agri-Food Industry: Key enablers and challenges 4.1. Challenges: BC-enabled Agri-Food Industry 4.2. Enablers BC-enabled Agri-Food Industry 4.2.1. Supply side (Government Traction and Regulatory Push for Food Safety and Transparency) 4.2.2. Supply side (Innovation and Differentiation (Track & Traceability)) 4.2.3. Supply side (Rising Uncertainty) 4.2.4. Demand Side (Changing Consumer Preferences) 4.2.5. Demand Side (Digitization and IT Penetration) 5. Adoption of BC in Agri-Food industry 5.1. BC-enabled Agri-Food: Value Chain Analysis 5.2. BC-enabled Agri-Food: Value Chain Key Stakeholders 5.3. BC Global Use Cases 5.4. BC-enabled Agri-Food - Adoption across Value Chain 5.5. How is BC being Accepted in the Industry? 5.5.1. Overview of Business Models and Ecosystems that are Emerging 22.214.171.124. Agriculture/Primary Producer 126.96.36.199. Manufacturing/Processing 188.8.131.52. Traders/Distributor/Retailers 5.6. BC Impact: Agri-Food Industry Segment-wise (Technology Adoption Roadmap & Projections) 6. Agri-Food industry - Front runners strategy 6.1. How the Industry Is Adopting BC through Front Runners? 6.2. Phase-wise BC Adoption in the Agri-Food Industry 6.3. Front Runners Success Story 7. Startups Story Regional Adoption & Investment Scenario 7.1. Startups to Write Regional Stories in BC Adoption 7.2. How BC Startups are Venturing into the Industry? 7.2.1. Startups Investment Routes: ICO 7.2.2. Startups Investment Routes: Non-ICO 8. Start-ups ecosystem 8.1. BC start-ups expected to disrupt Agri-Food industry 8.2. Agridigital 8.3. FoodLogiQ 8.4. Indigo Agriculture 8.5. Provenance 8.6. Viant 8.7. TE-Food 8.8. Ripe.io 8.9. Bext360 8.10. WorldCover 8.11. Sofocle Technologies 8.12. ChainTrade 8.13. BlockSyte 8.14. Komgo 8.15. Ambrosus 8.16. Etherisc 8.17. OriginTrail 9. Key Innovators 9.1. IBM 9.2. AWS 9.3. SAP 9.4. Microsoft 9.5. Accenture 9.6. Intel 9.7. Alibaba 10. Conclusion and Future Roadmap 10.1. Conclusion: An Overview of Current Scenario 10.2. BC-enabled Agri-Food - The future lies here: BC Stake Holder Value Creation 10.3. BC-enabled Agri-Food - The future lies here: BC Stake Holder Value Creation - Stakeholder empowerment & industry consolidation 10.4. IP Approach 11. Appendix
This research report involves complete picture of the market with the help of in-depth secondary and primary research. This research report studies several aspects of the market and analyze vital industry influencers. Extensive secondary research has been conducted using paid as well as open access data sources in order to gather information on the market and parent market. These key findings are then analyzed and validated with the help of in-house data models and primary discussions with key industry participants and experts across the value chain
Research Tools and Models
- Top-Down Approach and Bottom-Up Approach
- QFD Modeling for Market Size and Share Calculation
- Regression, Variable and Impact Analysis
- Penetration Modeling
- It comprises briefing about market dynamics and business opportunities and strategies.
- Finally, all the research findings are validated through interviews with in-house industry experts, freelance consultants and key opinion leaders etc.
It involves various mathematical tools, models, projection, and sampling techniques. It involves following steps:
- Identification of market variables and market size derivation
- Assessment of future prospects, opportunities and market penetration rates by analyzing product commercialization, regional trends etc.
- Evaluation historical market trends and derivation of present and future year-on-year growth trends